Monday, October 11, 2010

21st Century Writing

When given the statement "Schools are not preparing students adequately for jobs in the 21st century", I proposed to the class:

Critical Thinking Skills ~ Factoids are being memorized but students don't have the ability to put these facts into practice.  Memorization doesn't mean anything if you can't apply it.

Some of the feedback that returned to me from various members in the classroom was:

*I completely agree with Jaime!  Every day on the job is going to bring new events and ideas!  The only way to be prepared is by being extemperaneous!
~I found this statement interesting.  By applying my statement to surprises within the job it only furthered or strengthened my statement about critical thinking skills lacking in the 21st Century.

*I agree every day is a new day and new ideas come in constantly.  We need to advance with the times.
~This statement backed up the first opinion that was given.

*I agree with this statement.  Too many people are living in the past.  We need to kick our generation into high gear. 
~I like the statement "kick our generation into high gear." It shows how far behind we are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to find out what blog system you have been utilizing? I'm
having some smаll securitу problems with my latest site and ӏ'd like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any solutions?

My web-site: Lloyd Irvin