Monday, November 8, 2010

The VARK Questionnaire Results

Your scores were:
Visual: 4
Aural: 7
Read/Write: 7
Kinesthetic: 7
You have a multimodal (ARK) learning preference.

I am a little surprised about the Aural results.  I prefer visual with hands on.  I do like a step by step written instruction added to the visual.  I don't usually like to receive any instructions verbally.  I tend to space out after the first few moments no matter how hard I concentrate.  For this reason, I do not like to give instructions verbally without demonstrating and I tend to trip on verbal ONLY instructions.  I find I'm just as bad at given them as I am receiving them. Therefore, I tend to stick with what I know.  I feel more comfortable giving a hands on instruction followed up with a written instruction.

Other than my score on aural, I think its pretty accurate.  Then maybe again I'm a bit more aural than I thought.

I made my Picasso with no ears because I don't think listening to directions is my strong point.  But she does have big eyes to watch demonstrations and a really big mouth because I tend to ask lots of questions when I'm learning.