Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teaching Quotes That I Find Inspirational

I'm hoping to keep a diary of teaching quotes that I find inspirational in this particular blog entry.  I've always been an individual who finds inspiration in quotes.  In fact, I have a journal in my home full of life quotes that I review from time to time.  In this blog I will add teaching quotes that I find relevant as I discover them; my absolute favorites will be outlined in green and I hope one day to add quotes of my own.  When I feel in despair or I feel I have lost my inspirational touch I will come back to these quotes that once drove me and revive my own inspiration.

  • "The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind." ~ Khalil Gibran
  • "I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." ~John Steinbeck 
  • "The teacher is the one who gets the most out of the lessons, and the true teacher is the learner." ~Elbert Hubbard
  • "The greatest sign of success for a teacher... is to be able to say, 'The children are now working as if I did not exist.'" ~Maria Montessori
  • "Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions." ~Author Unknown
  • "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." ~William Arthur Ward
  • "What students lack in school is an intellectual relationship or conversation with the teacher." ~William Glasser
  • "Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own." ~ Nikos Kazantzakis
  • "Thought flows in terms of stories -- stories about events, stories about people, and stories about intentions and achievements. The best teachers are the best storytellers. We learn in the form of stories." ~ Frank Smith 
  • "If you want to build a ship don't herd people together to collect wood, and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea." ~Antoine de Saint Exupry
  • "A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~ Unknown

1 comment:

Teaching quotes said...

Well collection about teaching quotes. Thanks a lot for doing like this job!!