Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Reimagining Learning: Richard Culatta at TEDxBeaconStreet

I want to save this particular Tedx for later.  I think it could be helpful for future use and in my Action Research.  I don't like the fact he refers to Multiple Intelligence as "Malarky" but I do agree that technology shouldn't be used to "digitize" learning that is outdated.  Technology can do so much more and should be used to reinvent the lesson plan.  Things that we've never been able to do in the classroom.  For instance, with rocket simulation software in the STEM classroom we can now predict how high a rocket will be launched.  From that information we can compare it to how high a rocket actually launched.  What variables did we not take into account?  What might have changed?  Or was the software correct?  What did we do in the software to correct launch altitude and create a stable rocket?  There is so many things we can do with technology to enhance learning.


No comments: