Thursday, April 16, 2009

Art in a Teapot

Every night that it freezes, I clench my teeth in fear that the next morning I'm going to have a bed of floppy, mushy spring flowers. All year long ( and that's not an understatement), I look forward to my spring show more than any other time of the year and each year it only gets better. Over the long winter I know that we are only a few months away from seeing purples, pinks, reds, whites, and yellows emerging from the soil again. The beautiful colors of spring almost singing life back into everything. And that's something worth waiting for.

I decided this year, that my abundance of spring flowers meant that I could bring some inside and enjoy them a bit longer. I try to make sure that I don't deprive my beds of their color this time of year. So up till now, I had not cut any of my spring flowers. But this year the beds with their one hundred some blooms would not be deprived. It was time to start enjoying them indoors as well. But one question remains - How can the temps drop into the lower 30's at night and be back into the 60's by noon the next day? That has to be some kind of strange phenomena. And I'm sure that its probably the biggest nuisance to those of us who love our spring flowers.

In any case, I picked a lovely assortment of tulips and daffodils. The only thing left was to pick the perfect vase. I have several of varying sizes, colors, and texture. But what would be the perfect vase to showcase the yellows, whites, purples, and reds now sitting in my hand emitting the most wonderful scent? Ah-ha! A silver plated teapot given to me as a gift by my mother-in-law - PERFECT!



3 comments:

Jaime said...

p.s. I should state as a side note that if you look at the first picture you can see my strawberries, sage, and sedum coming back to life.

Lucky13 said...

Perfect Jaime, absolutely to most perfect choice!

Granny Sue said...

What a pretty bouquet! I knew that teapot was going to the right place.