Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Is that Avril or Michaela?

Last week at Michaela's elementary school, the Library had "Rock'n' Roll Week in Reading". The kids were so excited. They love dressing up for Spirit Week or any of the other moral boosters the school offers. Friday was 'dress like your favorite rocker day' and Michaela not to be outdone by all the Hannah Montana's and High School Musical fans decided that she wanted to go as Avril Lavigne. Her favorite rocker chick.

So, I jumped in the car and drove down to CVS and picked up a handful of eye make up and lipstick. When I got home I started working on making the wrist cuffs, gathering some of James' skateboarding clothes, and a black sharpe for nail polish. Before I knew it - Viola! I had Avril Lavigne standing in front of me. She was so excited and so cute. Oh and btw, did I mention how hard it is to put eye make up on a 6 year old. Between her wondering eyes and split second jerks, I didn't think I'd ever get her ready.
Aaron didn't get to see Michaela until after school. By the time school was over, her bangs had fallen and her eye make up had softened and he was left standing with his jaw dropped. He said, "Do you know who she looks like?" And of course, I replied "Well... a lot of what we did this morning has worn off." He said, "No, look at her. Who does she look like?" And I replied that I didn't know. "Mom, she looks like mom. With her wavy hair and big girl make up." I should have taken another picture because she did indeed look like Susie. Aaron is definitely looking at her in a different light now. One day she won't be our little girl in pigtails anymore, she'll be a young lady.

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

Oh how funny! I think she looks just like you, Jaime. She's beautiful.