Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WebQuest Link

The following WebQuest is probably as close to my idea that I am going to find.  I want to focus on Marine Ecology because ecology is one of my favorite biology topics.  The basics of my idea however is a study on marine animal tagging.  My exploration will look at the migration of seals in particular as well as whales.  The animals in question are live samples that are being tracked via satellite.  The students will become scientists as they learn how and why tracking is essential to saving marine life.  The students will also learn how to read scientific data and most importantly how to translate that data into something valuable.  

A second relevant WebQuest that I might be able to incorporate I found while browsing the Google Search Engine.  I particularly like the layout of the Marine Mammal Webquest.

No comments: